Canadian Bacon Pizza Loaf
This unique sweet-and-sour pizza bread is as much fun to assemble as it is to eat. Topped with Canadian Bacon, green pepper, pineapple tidbits and plenty of mozzarella cheese, the loaf was a knockout at our daughter's birthday party.
4-5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 unsliced loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1-1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut loaf in half lengthwise; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spread cut sides of bread with the pizza sauce. Top with the
- Canadian bacon, pineapple, green pepper and cheese.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is
- melted. Yield: 8-10 slices.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 slices) equals 459 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 1,193 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.