Campfire Chicken Stew
"My family loves these chicken stew packets on camping trips, but they're equally good on our backyard grill," notes Florence Kreis of Beach Park, Illinois.
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Grill: 40 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Place two pieces of chicken on each of four double thicknesses of
- heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Divide the potatoes,
- carrots and green pepper among the packets. Top each with soup,
- water, salt and pepper. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes on each side or
- until chicken juices run clear. Open foil carefully to allow steam
- to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 606 calories, 29 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 976 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 52 g protein.