Meet the Cook: A family camping trip's where I "invented" this recipe. I'd brought along a hodgepodge of ingredients, so I just threw them all together. Everyone said that the bundles were delicious. Ever since, I've also grilled them at home. I'm preparing them for our next Ladies' Home Extension meeting as well.
My husband and I have an 8-year-old son and a daughter who's 2.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Grill: 1 hour
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 each large green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small head cabbage, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the first eight ingredients on three pieces of double-layered
- heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Top with sausage; dot with
- butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold foil around mixture and
- seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes. Turn and grill 30
- minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully
- to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 582 calories, 36 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,247 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 16 g protein.