Camper's Breakfast Hash
“When we go camping with family and friends, I’m always asked to make this hearty breakfast,” relates Linda Krivanek of Oak Creek, Wisconsin. “It’s a favorite at home, too.”
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 packages (20 ounces each) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 package (7 ounces) brown-and-serve sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the potatoes, sausage, onion and
- green pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or
- until potatoes are lightly browned, turning once.
- Push potato mixture to the sides of pan. Pour eggs into center of
- pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat; stir eggs into potato
- mixture. Top with cheese; cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 376 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 364 mg cholesterol, 520 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.