- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to the
- bowl, stirring constantly. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat the egg whites, cream of
- tartar and salt until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, fold egg
- whites into cheese mixture until combined. Transfer to prepared
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until the top is puffed and
- center appears set. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 souffle (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 253 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.