“My family loves this coleslaw variation,” writes Cathy Heacox, Sikeston of Missouri. Its refreshing flavor and speedy prep make it ideal for backyard barbeques.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, corn, onion, cheese and olives.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining
- ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill
- until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 363 calories, 31 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 587 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.