California Potato Salad
I clipped this recipe from the newspaper years ago and it had been a family favorite ever since. California grows many avocados, and this is my favorite way to use them.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 medium California Avocados, peeled and diced
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes, cooked
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- Additional parsley
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, salt, pepper, caraway seeds,
- lemon juice and parsley; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the
- avocados, potatoes, onion and half of the bacon. Add sour cream
- mixture and toss lightly to coat.
- Transfer salad to a large serving bowl. Arrange tomato wedges around
- outer edge; sprinkle with parsley and remaining bacon. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 231 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 570 mg sodium,