California Green Salad
You can toss together Mrs. William Ellermeyer's salad in just a few minutes. "It truly represents my state, since avocados and almonds are grown in such abundance here," she notes from Walnut Creek, California.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 medium ripe California Avocado, diced
- 4 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Dash seasoned salt
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients;
- shake well. In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients; drizzle
- with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.