California Chicken Casserole
"I love to try new recipes, and this chicken and vegetable combo passed my family's taste test," reports Debbie Kokes of Tabor, South Dakota. "If there are leftovers, I package them for my husband to reheat in the microwave."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in the vegetables,
- chicken, 1-1/4 cups cheese, pimientos, salt and pepper. Transfer to
- a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; top with
- remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let
- stand for 5 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 362 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 737 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.