Calico Scrambled Eggs
When you're short on time and scrambling to get a meal on the table, this recipe is "eggs-actly" what you need. There's a short ingredient list, and cooking is kept to a minimum. Plus, with green pepper and tomato, it's colorful.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- In a 12-in. nonstick skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter
- until tender. Remove and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with milk, dill, salt and pepper. Pour
- into the skillet; cook and stir gently over medium heat until eggs
- are nearly set. Add pepper mixture and tomato; cook and stir until
- heated through and the eggs are completely set. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 197 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 435 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.