Calico Corn Salad
With a full-time job and my own catering business, I appreciate delicious food that can be prepared ahead, like this colorful zippy salad. My family and friends are glad to sample the new dishes I prepare, especially when they turn out as good as this one.
-Henry Tindal, Red Bank, New Jersey
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 4 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, zucchini, red pepper, chilies and
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients;
- shake well. Drizzle over salad and stir gently. Chill for several
- hours or overnight. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 191 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.