Cake with Lemon Sauce
Refreshing Cake with Lemon Sauce completes the delightful dinner. "This is a family favorite on hot summer nights," notes Claire Dion from Canterbury, Connecticut.
Cream cheese, milk and pudding mix are all that's needed for the sunny sauce drizzled over prepared pound cake and topped with a few berries.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 slices pound cake or angel food cake
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add milk and
- pudding mix; beat for 2 minutes or until smooth and thickened. Serve
- with cake. Garnish with raspberries if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (calculated without raspberries) equals 502 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 688 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.