Cajun Summer Vegetables
Put your garden-fresh summertime veggies to good use with colorful side dish that gets a little heat from Cajun seasoning. It pairs well with any entree and is quick and easy to prepare. —Nancy Dentler, Greensboro, North Carolina
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Place vegetables in a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over
- medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning; toss to
- coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: If you do not have a grill wok or basket, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 42 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.