Cajun-Style Pot Roast
Ginger Menzies of Steamboat Springs, Colorado often makes this zippy roast when expecting dinner guests. “It gives me time to visit and everyone always enjoys it-even my friend who's a chef,” she says.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut roast in half; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. In a large skillet,
- brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Combine the tomatoes, red pepper, celery, onion, tapioca, garlic and
- salt; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve
- with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 328 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 1,336 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.