Cajun Shrimp Spread
Just for fun, I mixed my favorite recipes for spinach dip and shrimp spread together in one bowl. Our snack-loving family is crazy about the Cajun-flavored combination!Lisa Huff, Clive, IA
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. Stir
- in the shrimp, spinach and red pepper. Chill until serving. Sprinkle
- with green onion. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 76 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.