Cajun Herb Mix
Foods low in salt can to help lower your risk for high blood pressure-and even control it. The American Heart Association recommends keeping sodium at less than 2300 mg per day. This spicy salt-free rub is one example of easy ways to boost flavor but not sodium. Try it on chicken, pork-even popcorn!
34 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 5 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store mixture in an
- airtight container for up to six months. Rub over poultry or meat
- before cooking. Yield: about 2/3 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 1 teaspoon equals 6 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.