Cajun Fish Tacos
Classic fish tacos often feature deep-fried fish, a corn tortilla, cabbage and a thin mayo-based sauce. But we found that fish + pita bread = total yumminess in this streamlined version using lemon-flavored fish with a Cajun twist. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 packages (7.6 ounces each) frozen lemon butter grilled fish fillets
- 3 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet orange pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Cook fish according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, pepper, mayonnaise, lemon juice,
- sugar and 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning.
- Slice fillets. Spoon coleslaw mixture onto pita breads, top with
- fish. Sprinkle with remaining Cajun seasoning. Serve with lemon
- wedges if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 taco equals 484 calories, 26 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,111 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon