Cajun Crawfish Sliders
Add a touch of Southern hospitality to your festivities with our upscale version of a slider. The crawfish gets a touch of spicy goodness from the chipotle mayonnaise and jalapeno.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
48 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces frozen cooked crawfish tail meat, thawed and shredded
- 1 cup reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise
- 48 pickled jalapeno slices
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread mix, egg and milk. Spread
- into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 9-11
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut corn bread into 1-1/2 in. squares. Top each with spinach,
- crawfish, mayonnaise and a jalapeno slice. Yield: 4 dozen.
Editor’s Note: 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce may be substituted for 1 cup reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 43 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.