Cajun Buttered Corn
In Duluth, Georgia, Anne-Lise Botting whips up a seasoned butter to spice up corn-on-the-cob. "Flavored with garlic and chili powders, the butter is the perfect complement to fresh corn," she says.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 medium ears sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- In a large kettle, bring 3 qts. of water to a boil; add corn. Return
- to a boil; cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the chili
- powder, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne; cook and stir for 1
- minute. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; gradually whisk
- into butter mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes
- or until slightly thickened. Drain corn; serve with seasoned butter.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 ear of corn with 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned butter equals 105 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.