Caesar Tortellini Salad
Creamy, melt-in-your-mouth avocado matched with rich ripe olives and fresh chopped tomatoes make this the ultimate summer salad. —Diane Macey, New Lenox, Illinois
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3-1/2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium ripe California Avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 8 thin slices hard salami, cut into 2-inch strips
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in
- cold water. In a large bowl, combine tortellini and remaining
- ingredients. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 418 calories, 28 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 966 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.