Cabbage Hamburger Bake
You'll need only five ingredients to make this economical casserole. White rice, potatoes or bread would make a nice accompaniment.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt. In a greased 2-1/2-qt.
- baking dish, layer half of the beef mixture, cabbage and soup.
- Repeat layers (dish will be full).
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until cabbage is
- tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 343 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,135 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 27 g protein.