Cabbage & Meatballs
I think the dill pickles are the secret to this simple yet hearty recipe. When our children were small, they were not too fond of cabbage, but they loved this dish.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- Place cabbage in a large saucepan; add tomato juice. Cover and simmer
- over low heat. Meanwhile, combine the egg, onion, chili powder,
- vinegar, pickle, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix
- well. Shape into 2-in. balls. Add to cabbage mixture.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no
- longer pink, stirring occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 378 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 210 mg cholesterol, 1,148 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 39 g protein.