Buttery Sour Cream Muffins
“This quick recipe is ideal when you’re in a hurry,” says Mary Cleckley of Slaton, Texas. “It’s great with soup or beef stew.” These moist muffins are filled with rich buttery flavor and would also be nice served with fresh fruit.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, butter, sour cream and water.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 3 servings.
Editor's Note: As a substitute for self-rising flour, place 3/4 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a 1/2 cup measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 1 muffin (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream) equals 272 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 459 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.