Buttery Grilled Shrimp
“This is easy and delicious! These shrimp are great with steak, but for a special occasion, brush the sauce on lobster tails and grill.” Sheryl Shenberger - Albuquerque, New Mexico
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside 1/4
- cup. Thread shrimp onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side
- or until shrimp turn pink, basting occasionally with butter mixture.
- Remove from the grill; brush with reserved butter mixture.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 skewer equals equals 201 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.