Buttery Crab Bites
These cheesy, buttery bites from Rebecca Young of Pleasant Hill, Missouri are easy but elegant. They're great at an appetizer or just for snacking.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 English muffins, split
- 1/2 cup crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/3 cup process cheese sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Paprika, optional
- Toast English muffins in a toaster oven. Place muffin halves on
- toaster oven tray. In a small bowl, combine the crab, cheese sauce,
- butter, mayonnaise and garlic powder. Spread over the muffin halves.
- Cut each into four pieces.
- Bake in toaster oven at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 8 pieces (prepared with reduced-fat butter and fat-free mayonnaise) equals 337 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 1,174 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.