Buttery Corn Bread
I go this recipe from a long-time friend several years ago and it's my most-used. I love to serve this melt-in-your mouth corn bread hot from the oven with butter and syrup. It gets rave reviews on holidays and at potluck dinners.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-2/3 cups 2% milk
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Combine the eggs and milk. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking
- powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with egg
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for
- 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 259 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.