It's a good thing that this recipe isn't a lot of fuss the soft tempting taffy goes so fast I sometimes don't even get to wrap the pieces!
60 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter
- 48 large marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) butterscotch chips
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, marshmallows, water and salt;
- cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Add chips; stir until
- melted. Pour into a buttered 8-in. square dish; cool. Cut into 1-in.
- squares. Wrap individually in waxed paper; twist ends. Yield:
- about 5 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 74 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.