This is a nice alternative to traditional chocolate sauce. It doesn't last long around my house...my husband and our three boys love it.
Arlene Bontrager, Haven, Kansas
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and
- salt. Cook and stir over medium-low heat. Stir in the cream. Bring
- to a boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Cool to room
- temperature. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 167 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.