Butterscotch Pecan Cookies
Butterscotch Pecan Cookies have a rich buttery flavor. "No one will guess they started from convenient cake and pudding mixes," assures field editor Betty Janway of Ruston, Louisiana.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In large bowl, combine the first five ingredients until well blended.
- Stir in pecans (the dough will be crumbly).
- Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; place 2 in. apart on
- greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until
- golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to
- cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Pillsbury brand butter recipe cake mix.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 202 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.