Butterscotch Ice Cream Topping
Wonderful homemade goodness and true butterscotch flavor make this sweet rich sauce a well-enjoyed gift. We like it over ice cream or slices of pound cake. It reheats well in the microwave.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- In a heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator.
- To reheat, microwave at 50% power for 1 minute or until heated
- through. Serve warm over ice cream. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 145 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.