As a change from the more traditional chocolate fondue, try this rich, buttery version. You can make it in advance, refrigerate it and reheat when ready to serve.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, cream and
- butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat;
- stir in vanilla. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with
- fruit. Yield: About 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 142 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.