Butterscotch Bread Pudding
This old-fashioned dessert has a nice custard flavor with just the right touch of cinnamon.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup soft bread cubes (1/2 inch)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt, optional
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Place bread cubes in a greased 2-cup baking dish. In a bowl, whisk
- the egg. Whisk in the butter, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
- if desired. Stir in raisins. Pour over bread cubes.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine, fat-free milk and without salt) equals 273 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.