- tender. Cool slightly. Scoop out pulp; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, cook onion and apple in oil until tender. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the seasonings; cook until
- fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add broth and squash; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until apple is
- tender. Cool slightly. In a blender, cover and process soup in
- batches until smooth.
- Return pureed mixture to pan; stir in sausage and carrots. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- carrots are tender.
- Just before serving, stir in 2/3 cup yogurt, sage and vinegar. Serve
- with croutons and additional yogurt if desired. Yield: 8 servings
- (3-1/4 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 222 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 783 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 14 g protein.