Butternut Squash Dressing
I became a confirmed squash lover when I sampled this dish at a friend's house more than 20 years ago. The blend of creamy squash and crunchy stuffing makes it a favorite.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Remove from the
- heat; stir in the squash, soup, water chestnuts and sour cream. Stir
- in 1-1/2 cups stuffing mix.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining
- stuffing mix; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 30-35 minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown. This
- dressing is best served as a side dish, rather than stuffed into
- poultry. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 358 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 979 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.