Butternut Apple Crisp
Meet the Cook: Over the years, I've collected lots of squash recipes. This one came from a friend, and it's been a hit everywhere.
My husband, our two youngsters (6 and 4) and I live out in the country - camping's a favorite pastime!
-Michele Van Dewerker, Roseboom, New York
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups sliced peeled butternut squash (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt, squash and
- pie filling. Spoon into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Combine remaining
- ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over squash mixture. Uncover;
- bake 45 minutes longer or until squash is tender. Serve warm. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 314 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.