Buttermilk Pecan Waffles
I like cooking with buttermilk. These nutty, golden waffles are my husband's favorite breakfast, so we enjoy them often. They're as easy to prepare as regular waffles, but their unique taste makes them exceptional.
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and
- salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Add buttermilk; mix well. Add
- dry ingredients and beat until batter is smooth. Stir in butter.
- Pour about 3/4 cup batter onto a lightly greased preheated waffle
- iron. Sprinkle with a few pecans. Bake according to manufacturer's
- directions until golden brown. Repeat until batter and pecans are
- gone. Yield: 7 waffles (about 8 inches each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 337 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 159 mg cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.