Buttermilk Pecan Pie
This is the treasured "Golden Oldie" that my grandmother made so often whenever we'd come to visit. Grandma grew her own pecans, and we never tried of cracking them and picking out the meat when we knew we'd be treated to her special pie!
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating
- well after each addition. Blend in flour, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Stir in buttermilk and pecans. Pour into the pie shell. Bake at
- 325° for 55 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in
- the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 585 calories, 32 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 170 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.