Buttermilk Pecan Pancakes
"With flecks of pecans in each bite, these light, tasty pancakes are an elegant morning entree," relates Jann Braun of Chatham, Illinois.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2/3 cups buttermilk
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and butter. Combine the flour,
- pecans, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the egg
- mixture alternately with buttermilk. Beat egg whites until stiff
- peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn
- when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is
- golden brown. Yield: 16 pancakes.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 366 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 761 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.