Buttermilk Pecan Chicken
"My family enjoys chicken and always asks me to bake it this way," explains Julie Jahn of Decatur, Indiana. "Sometimes I like to give this dish kid appeal by cutting the chicken into strips before coating with the nut mixture."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, optional
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 18 pecan halves
- In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans, sesame seeds if desired,
- paprika, salt and pepper. Place flour and buttermilk in separate
- bowls. Coat chicken with flour, dip in buttermilk, then coat with
- pecan mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter.
- Top each with three pecan halves. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for
- 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 429 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 911 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.