Buttermilk Fruit Topping
Instant vanilla pudding mix is the key to this creamy, low-fat fruit topping from Cathy Adams of Parkersburg, West Virginia. It's delicious served over slices of angel food cake, too.
36 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cold buttermilk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh fruit
- In a bowl, combine buttermilk and pudding mix. Beat on low speed for
- 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Chill for 1 hour. Serve over
- fruit. Yield: about 4-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons of topping (prepared with sugar-free pudding and reduced-fat whipped topping) equals 22 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: Free Food.