Buttermilk Dill Dip
This light, flavorful dip brings protein and perks up fresh sliced veggies in a hurry. —Elizabeth King, Duluth, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 4-1/2 teaspoons horseradish sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, beat buttermilk and cream cheese until blended. Stir
- in the onions, pepper, dill, horseradish sauce and garlic powder.
- Chill until serving. Serve with vegetables.
- Yield: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables) equals 68 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.