- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before
- removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cut 1-1/2 in. off the pointed ends of each heart cake; set aside. For
- the butterfly wings, place the cut ends of the heart cakes together
- on a 17-in. x 15-in. covered board. Trim reserved cake pieces to
- form the rounded ends of the butterfly's body.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Add confectioners'
- sugar and vanilla. Remove 1/2 cup frosting and tint yellow; set
- aside. Frost cake sides and top with white frosting. Cut a small
- hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert #6 round tip.
- Fill bag with remaining white frosting; set aside.
- Frost a portion of each wing with yellow frosting. Decorate
- butterfly's body and wings with colored sugars. Pipe white frosting
- to separate colored sections on wings to outline the body. Decorate
- the wings with gumdrops.
- Using a citrus stripper, cut two 12-in. long pieces of orange peel.
- Wrap around the handle of a wooden spoon. Remove from spoon and
- place above the body for antennae. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 775 calories, 40 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 174 mg cholesterol, 472 mg sodium, 99 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.