- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot water
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter
- until crumbly; set aside. In a large bowl, cream shortening and
- sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating
- well after each addition. Beat in squash and vanilla. Combine dry
- ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Spoon
- half into a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Spread applesauce over batter. Sprinkle with half of the crumb
- mixture. Spoon remaining batter evenly over crumb mixture. Top with
- remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing
- sides of pan.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar, extract and enough water to achieve
- desired consistency; drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 10-12
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 351 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.