Butter Pecan Roll-Ups
This is my variation of traditional lace cookies. Enjoy them alone or serve alongside dishes of ice cream.
72 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 5 min./batch + cooling
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ground pecans
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed
- mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Drop six teaspoonfuls onto a well-greased baking sheet. Bake at
- 400° for 4-5 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 1
- minute. Loosen each cookie and curl around a wooden spoon handle.
- Cool on a wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 30 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.