- Remove from the heat.
- Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2
- minutes. Stir in the cream , syrup and vanilla. Press waxed paper
- onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Stir in the nuts. Place in ice cream freezer and freeze according to
- manufacturer's directions. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or
- firm up in your refrigerator freezer an hour before serving. Yield:
- about 2 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 204 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.