Butter Garlic Beans
Frozen green beans taste almost fresh-picked when cooked with a little butter, garlic and onion. Laura McNeill of Dothan, Alabama shared the recipe for this family-pleasing vegetable dish that’s nice with almost any entree. “I like to use fresh green beans when they’re in season,” she notes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes
- or until onion is crisp-tender. Add the beans, broth, salt and
- pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10
- minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 84 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 356 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.