Busy-Day Baked Fish
• “An onion soup and sour cream mixture really adds zip to Busy-Day Baked Fish,” says Beverly Krueger of Yamhill, Oregon. “Your family would never guess that it’s so quick and easy to prepare.”
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2-1/2 pounds fish fillets
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine sour cream and soup mix. Place bread
- crumbs in another shallow bowl. Cut fish into serving-size pieces;
- coat with sour cream mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Drizzle with
- butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with
- cheese; bake 2-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 406 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.