Burgundy Salad Dressing
A spiced wine salad dressing deliciously tops off your favorite fruits. Serve it as a side dish or light dessert.
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), broken
- 16 whole cloves
- 1 cup red Burgundy wine or grape juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Melon balls, halved grapes and strawberries
- Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of
- cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string
- to form a bag.
- In a large saucepan, combine the wine or grape juice, sugar and
- vinegar; add spice bag. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 10 minutes. Discard spice bag. Cool dressing
- slightly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Serve
- over fruit. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without fruit) equals 76 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.