Janet Anderson needs only five ingredients to fix these easy appetizers that she serves at her home in Carson City, Nevada. Grape juice and apple jelly are the secrets behind the sweet yet tangy sauce that complements convenient packaged meatballs.
44 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 cup grape juice
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (64 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs
- In a small saucepan, combine the juice, jelly, ketchup and tomato
- sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until jelly is melted.
- Place meatballs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over the top and
- gently stir to coat. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until
- heated through. Yield: about 10-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 161 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.