Buffalo-Style Snack Mix
I like to dress up popcorn with corn chips and peanuts. The hot sauce adds a bit of kick that no one can resist.Deirdre Dee Cos, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 quarts popped popcorn, divided
- 2 cups corn chips
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups popcorn, corn chips and peanuts. In a
- small saucepan, melt butter; add hot sauce and celery seed. Remove
- from the heat. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 350° for 10-15 minutes or until crisp. Place in a large bowl;
- add remaining popcorn and toss to coat. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 198 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.